I am happy to be part of such a wonderful international team.
We are absolutely thrilled to announce the International Advisory Board for 2016 – 2017. The board is made up of 29 wedding and event experts from around the world who will lend their knowledge, expertise and talents to the Academy of Wedding and Event Planning and its various campuses including the UK, Australia, New Zealand, the Caribbean, UAE and the United States.
Our Advisory Board offers many things to our students including work experience and internship opportunities, mentoring, advice and tips as well as input into our course curriculum and content ensuring that the courses offered are off the highest calibre, relevant and up to date with all the latest trends accounted for. Many of our board members contributed towards the International Wedding Trend Report for 2016 and are all highly regarded experts within their field.
So without further ado let me introduce you to our members for 2016 and 2017:
- Ceci Johnson of Ceci New York
- Marley Majcher the Party Goddess
- Sara Burnett of Burnett’s Boards
- Bruce Russell of By Bruce Russell
- Gavin Rajah of Gavin Rajah Concept
- Marie Cruz De Vera of The Style Co
- Kristin Banta of Kristin Banta Events
- Emily Pettiford & Jessica Turley of Bespoke Bride
- Julia Braime of Brides Up North
- Joelle Clute of My Lovely Wedding
- Denise Fouracre of The Wedding Zone
- Pamella Dunn of Pamella Dunn Events
- Jane Riddell of Planned for Perfection
- Rhiannon Downie-Hurst of Bride ClubMe
- Clare Ebbs of Aghareed
- Kathy DalPra of Bride Appeal
- Meryl Snow of Feastivities
- Cathrin D’Entremont of Cathrin D’Entremont Weddings
- Tina Reading of Ultimate Wedding Magazine
- Sonia Collett of Want That Wedding
- Wayne Gurnick of Moments By Wayne
- Kathy Apostolidis of Nightingales
- Jo-Anne Paxton of Wedding Belles Jamaica
- Mennat Al Hammami of Cloud 9 Weddings & Events
- Joyce Mnguni of Dream Weddings Riviera Maya
- Pamella Strauss of WedAways
- Anneli Marinovich of Anneli Marinovich Wedding & Lifestyle Photography
- Heidi Thompson of Evolve Your Wedding Business
- Elizabeth Marsh of Elizabeth Marsh Floral Design
There really has never been a better time to start a new career in the wedding and event industry and our courses are the stepping stone to helping you do that. To find out more about what you get as a student with the Academy check out this video from our CEO, Kylie Carlson.
Through cultural traditions Kitty and Ku will have 3 weddings to attend. One in Kitty’s home country Pakistan, one in Ku’s home country Malaysia and one in Perth with their close family, friends and work colleagues. With both being doctors their life leaves little time for anything else, never mind planning a wedding for 150 guests.
When Kitty came to see me she told me that the wedding in Perth should reflect them and should be very personal. She did not want any traditional customs incorporated.
Her favourite colour happened to be the Pantone colour of the year 2015 – Marsala. I added a few dashes of blue with the candles.
I suggested finding a venue where we can have the ceremony, pre-dinner drinks and reception at one place and Lamonts Bishops House was the perfect place.
Kitty flew many times to Pakistan to have the brass charger plates designed, sourcing the table linen and napkins under my guidance. The charger plates were later given to the guests as a gift. She also purchased the fabric for her wedding gown and found a designer in Melbourne who was happy to design her wedding gown.
The lantern above the tables and the up lights by the trees where just beautiful and gave the right ambiance.
Stationery is a very big part of a wedding and can also act as part of the décor. The seating chart had to be large as some of the names were quite long. With 3 very long tables we had to opt for a landscape seating chart.
The napkin ring was also the seating card which together with the napkin set off so perfectly on the charger plate.
It all came together in harmony beautifully and with such a talented team behind me who made it all happen.
Photo credit: Feather and Stone Photography
It was a lot of fun working with Jenna and Jo. Jenna knew exactly in what she wanted and it all fell into place. Simplicity and elegance and a fun filled day with their photographer Dave. I wish them both well in their upcoming journey together as husband and wife. Photographer: Dave and Charlotte Photographers
Loved working with Alysha on her wedding!!! Alysha trusted me all the way and it made it into a magnificent wedding. It shows who Ricky and Alysha are and the love for their families. I had trouble choosing the photos to share with you – there are so many beautiful ones taken by Katie Grant. Enjoy!!